Monthly Archives: February 2013

Kits For Mary Goddard Workshop

Kits for both projects available at the workshop.

The Snowflake kits will be $10.00

The snow flake beads are all clear.

 

The dodecahedron kits will be $20.

The dodecahedron kits are all different. For example, three kits with heliotrope rivolis either the druk beads or the seed beads will be different. That way no one will have identical
beaded beads.

10 snowflake kits have been made and 20+ dodecahedron kits are
made up already.  Mary will also bringing completed snowflakes and
dodecahedron’s for people to look at as they work.

Thanks, Mary

Rings and Things Trunk Show: Omaha, March 24, 2013

 

Rings and Things will be in Omaha on March 24, 2013.  You can read about this show on their website:

www.rings-things.com   It will be on a Sunday.  I think this is a first as it is usually a week day.

 

Omaha, NE

    – Sunday, 03/24 2013

    • 1pm-5pm
    • Marriott *NEW Location!*
    • 10220 Regency Circle
    • Omaha, NE 68114
    • (402) 399-9000
    • Directions: I-80 to I-680. Exit I-680 at Pacific Street and turn right. Stay in left lane and turn left onto Regency Pkwy. Follow Regency Pkwy to Regency Circle.
    • Free Parking! Request your invitation!
    • Order by Mar. 18 to have it delivered to the Show! (under 10 lbs – no liquids or HZ items)

Meeting Minutes For January 23, 2013

Chris brought the meeting to order.

Lisa gave Treasurer’s report.

Membership dues were collected – those not present or who haven’t paid yet
need to get money to Lisa as soon as they can.

Mary Goddard’s class will be held March 2nd from 8:30 to approx.. 4:30 at the> church – Gail confirmed we ARE able to use the church.  Mary charges $150
for the day – the group decided to give her an additional $25 as she will be
driving from Papillion.

Each class can have a maximum of 20 students.
Cost is $20 per person whether you take both or just 1 of the classes.
Class must be paid for ahead of time – not day of class.   A supply list
was passed around.

Snowflake:

6 top-drilled 8mm bicones

12 regular 6mm bicones

12 regular 4mm bicones

Size 11 seed beads to match
Rivoli Dodechedron:
70 Czech druks  – 4mm – these really can be any ROUND 4mm bead – can’t be
faceted

10 rivolis – 12 mm – all the same

Size 11 seed beads in complimentary color OR same color (NO delicas)

Also bring:

Lamp and ext. cord
Bead mat
Size 12 needle
Fireline 6 lb test   Crystal color for the snowflake;   crystal OR smoke
color for the rivoli

The Bead Bazaar is Saturday April 13th.    Joan will bring signup sheet for
volunteer time to the Feb. meeting.

Mary Hunter brought up the idea of doing a membership book and passed around
samples from Quilt groups she had belonged to.   Joni made a motion, Lisa
seconded it.   Mary and Chris will work on the book.

Gail May will contact Judy Citta to see if she has the original bylaws which will be included in
this book, along with information about the yearly Edna Perkins project we
do.   We also decided to include the list of books in our library – TBD
whether we will list all the magazines in the library.

Joan had a copy of  Geometric Beadwork by Jean Power at the meeting.   Many members looked at  the book and we decided we would add it to our library.    Lisa will take
care of ordering the book.

Mary also brought up the idea of having people “assigned” as greeters/setup
(if necessary) and others as “cleanup”.   We need to make sure when
visitors/new members come, they are greeted and given all the information
about the club and have a “friend” to sit with.

We also need to make sure the room table and chairs are left the same way as we arrive.   The group agreed this was a good idea.   We will have a signup sheet at February meeting.    If you sign up and can’t make a meeting, it will be your job to find someone to take your place.

The next UFO meeting will be February 14th from 6:30 – 9:00 at the church.

We discussed the Edna Perkins project.   You can make things on your own at
home.   Joni will bring the beads that she has to the Feb. meeting.   All
items need to given to Joni NO LATER than the April meeting.   If anyone has
any extra jewelry bags and/or boxes, we need those also so the gifts have a
container to be put in.

The next meeting is Tuesday Feb. 26th.    Barb Dewell will be teaching a
necklace for our project.   We need to get her supply list out to the group  asap –

Gail thought the main supply was size 8 Hex beads but when we get the
supply list from Barb we will know for sure.

Daytime UFO meetings in February are:  the 7th and 21st.   They will be at
Chris Johnson’s house.

Everyone who taught a class in 2012 had their name put into a hat (1 time
for each class they taught).   Silki’s name was drawn so she is the winner
of the $25 gift certificate to Beads Etc.

With the people that were at the meeting, we were able to fill up the entire
year for teachers of projects.

We had show and tell which lasted probably 30 min. or more.   Most members
had LOTS of beautiful projects to show.

Meeting was adjourned and the group “feasted” on the wonderful snacks that
were brought.

Submitted by:
Lisa Dryden, Treasurer
(Acting Secretary)

Meeting Minutes For November 27, 2012

Bunch Meeting Minutes November 27th, 2012
>
> The meeting was called to order with 17 members present. Lisa gave the
> Treasurer’s report. Christy made a motion to give the church custodian a
> monetary gift for Christmas. Seconded by Barb and the motion carried.
>
> Election of officers was held. The 2013 officers will be as follows:
> President Chris Johnson, Vice President Mary Hunter, Treasurer Lisa Dryden,
> Secretary Denise Stahl, the Librarians  will  be Cheri and Cindy, and Joni
> Stinson will remain as the web person with Mary Hunter as a back up.
>
> Discussion of workshops for 2013 was held. Potential projects, fees and
> dates were presented by Joan. Christy made the motion that we have Mary
> Goddard on March 2nd. Mary seconded it and the motion carried. Gail will
> check to make sure that the church is available for that date. We started a
> signup sheet for those who want to take the classes. The final fee will be
> determined by how many people take the classes.
>
> Since we don’t have a meeting in December, we decided to not have the UFO
> night either.
>
> Denise reminded the group that in April we voted to get a gift certificate
> at bead’s etc to be used in a drawing for all of those who taught a monthly
> project in 2012. We will have the drawing at the January party/meeting.
> Lisa will buy the certificate. Don’t forget to bring a snack to share in
> January.
>
> We had Show and Tell followed by a very fun and quick snowman earring
> project led by Eileen. Thanks Eileen!
>
> Submitted by:
> Denise Stahl, Secretary*