The meeting was called to order with 18 members and 2 guests present. Welcome Mary Jo and Anne. We were glad to have you join us for the meeting.
Treasurers Report: Lisa gave the Treasurer’s report.
- Joan passed out coupons for the Lincoln bead bazaar that will be held on Oct 12th.
- Char P had nothing new to report from the Bead Bazaar committee.
- Details were reviewed for the Jan 10-11-12 retreat at Griswald, IA Attendee’s must have paid prior to the retreat. Potluck and other details will be finalized at the November meeting since we do not meet in December. Here is a link to the retreat center www.creighton.edu/ministry/retreatcenter.com if you want to check it out.
- Mary reported on the day retreat. It was tabled until January due to lack of interest.
- Discussion of the January holiday party/meeting. Everyone is to bring a project to work on and a treat to share. It was decided that we will have a Chinese auction gift exchange. If you wish to participate in the exchange, please bring a selection of loose beads or beading supplies that value no more than $10.
- Joan told us about the Oct-Nov project that she will teach. It is a beaded pendant on a Kumihimo necklace. Some of the supplies needed include: 1 tube of delicas, 10 yards of petit rattail, a center stone (approx. 10-12 mm) for the pendant & some large hole beads to embellish the necklace and your preferred choice of beading thread and needle. Joan will have the 1 mm rattail for sale if you wish to get it from her. She noted that it can be purchased at International Bead Market as well. (Admininstrative Note: Here are further details about the rattail Joan has available. These are the colors if anyone wants to get it from Joan. It will be ten cents a yard and about ten yards is needed. These are the colors if anyone wants to get it from Joan.
- We voted on the Mary/Chris challenge and prizes were supplied by Chris. 3rd place went to Cindy, 2nd to Kim and 1st to Lisa. Congrats to all of the winners. All of the submissions were creative and outstanding! Thank you to Mary H and Chris for their contributions!
- Show and Tell was followed by a netted flower project taught by Mary Goddard and Julie.
Submitted by; Denise Stahl, Secretary